Dollar General is one of the leading retail chain in the United States. The company was founded in 1939 in Scottsville, Kentucky and since that time it has spread its business nationwide. From 1939 till 1968 it called J.L.Turner & Son, Inc, according to the names of founders. But in 1968 it changed its name to Dollar General Corporation. Dollar General stores sell not only private brands with high quality, but also the products of recognized manufacturers like Nestle, Coca-Cola, Procter & Gamble, Kimberly Clark, Energizer, Clorox, Hanes, Mars, General Mills, PepsiCo, Unilever and Kellogg’s.
The main idea of all the Dollar General stores is to satisfy the customers’ needs using as short period of time as possible. Dollar General stores are small sized, so in average it takes about 10 minutes to complete the shopping.
By January 2016 there were about 12, 400 Dollar General stores in 43 US states. If you need to find the closest one – please click Store Locator on the official Dollar General website. The store nearby you will be shown, and also you can check the operating hours in there. Normally Dollar General stores operate Monday through Sunday from 7 AM till 12 AM, but some stores can have operating hours Monday through Friday from 8 AM till 10 PM, Saturday and Sunday 8 AM to 9 PM. The Dollar General operating hours can vary from one store to the next, so, please check it before you are going to visit it.
What time does Dollar General open?
|Monday||08:00 AM – 12:00 AM|
|Tuesday||08:00 AM – 12:00 AM|
|Wednesday||08:00 AM – 12:00 AM|
|Thursday||08:00 AM – 12:00 AM|
|Friday||08:00 AM – 12:00 AM|
|Saturday||08:00 AM – 12:00 AM|
|Sunday||08:00 AM – 12:00 AM|
– Is Dollar General open on Sunday?
– Yes, It’s open.
Probably you would like to get some gift on holiday for someone – Dollar General is a great choice. Having a large assortment Dollar General always has something special to offer to its customers. But you should keep in mind that on holidays the stores operating hours can be reduced, or the sore can be close. So, please check the information beforehand.
Typically, all the Dollar General stores have only one holiday, when the store is closed – Christmas Day.
Dollar General Holiday Hours| Open
Is Dollar General open on:
|Black Friday||Mardi Gras|
|Christmas Eve||Memorial Day|
|Cinco de Mayo||Mother’s Day|
|Columbus Day||New Year’s Day|
|Easter Monday||President’s Day|
|Father’s Day||St. Patrick’s Day|
|Good Friday||Tax Day|
|Labor Day||Veteran’s Day|
|Independence Day||Thanksgiving Day|
|Easter Sunday||New Years Day|
Yes, It’s open.
Dollar General Holiday Hours| Closed
Is Dollar General open on:
Dollar General focuses on three important issues: convenience, quality and low prices. Today the stores provide the customers with all the essentials. It’s possible to buy here:
- goods for cleaning (laundry cleaning, kitchen and bathroom cleaning, floor care, tools for cleaning, air fresheners and garbage bags)
- everything for health (oral care, vitamins, eye care, adult incontinence, medicine cabinet, feminine care, sexual wellness, nutritional supplements)
- beauty products (hair care, skin care, cosmetics, fragrances, nail care, soap & body wash, deodorants, shavings)
- good food (coffee & tea, cereal & breakfast, cookies & cake, candy & gum, nuts & snacks, condiments & spices, drink mixes, meals & side dishes)
- baby care (diapers & wipes, baby & preschool toys, childrens medicine, baby apparel & accessories, feeding & nursing, health & safety, baby bath & skincare)
- apparel (for women, men, girls, boys, slippers and shoes, rain gear and shoe care)
- household products (paper & plastic, kitchen & dining, bed & bath, clothing care, storage, decor and curtains, batteries & electronics, party supplies, auto & hardware, outdoor living)
- seasonal (outdoor living, allergy & sinus relief, cough, cold & flu, women’s fashion, vitamins, storage, curtains, picture frames, diapers & wipes)
- goods for office and school (paper & notebooks, envelopes & labels, tape, glues & adhesives, pens & pencils, coloring supplies, markers, crayons, colored pencils, desk supplies)
- toys (active and outdoor play, dolls and stuffed animals, pretend play, baby & preschool, puzzles, games, & books, coloring supplies, electronics)
- pet needs (food for dogs, cats, birds, dog and cat treats, dog and cat accessories)